SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, October 2, 2011

more success in saipan and a trip to bird island....beautiful.


Hey Mom!

How are You? I am doing really good! I have had a really good week!

Ben, our investigator, is going to be baptized this coming week! It's so exciting. We taught him the Word of Wisdom last night and he said he would start to live it. He is very excited to be baptized! We are finding some new people but we feel super busy covering 2 areas.

We found this guy named Perry last week. He has parkinson's disease and he went to church and really enjoyed it! Luckily, he has some great fellowshippers!

I am having fun as a missionary for sure but the best part is just being immeresed in the Lord's work. I studied D&C 107 this week and I have been learning alot about the Priesthod. We had general Priesthood meeting here too and they talked about using ordanices not too much or too little and doing them the right way. They also talked about being prepared and to bring your consecrated oil with you all the time! The funny thing is, a members dad, one of our investigators was in the hospital and his daughter texted us and told us that he wanted us to visit him, turned out he wanted a blessing. What's ironic is I forgot to bring my consecrated oil right after we just talked about it. Luckily, my companion, Elder Cook had his and he asked me to seal the annointing. We really felt the spirit afterwards and there were some nonmembers visiting him at the time. We visited him later and he was doing fine. He had attended church a couple months ago and has since read the whole triple and the book of mormon! When we went back to see if he is ok he was recovering after surgery but he was awake. He said after you gave me the blessing I asked my daughter to go get the Book of Mormon and I have been reading it faithfully and it has helped me alot right now. He also said that he wants to go to church when he feels healthy enough to do so. His daughter Vicky, who is very active has been to the temple told us he was sad he couldn't come this week because of his health but he will come next week. He also really appreciated our visits she said and he wants to continue to learn more. We are excited for him.

We don't watch general conference until next week because of the huge time difference. I heard they are building another temple in Provo amd one or two in africa and in Wyoming. Also, I thought I heard something about France! I don't know for sure!

Hey mom I was wondering if you could put ten dollars in my bank account. I want to buy a memory card reader it only costs ten dollars.

We are going to have a crazy week this week!

I am excited to hear where Jeremy Stanford will be going and pleased that Danielle Stanford has been called to France. Thats going to be fun. No, I haven't received any of the packages you have sent yet but I look forward to them.

These are some pictures from Bird Island, I love it there.

I love you all.

see ya, bye

love Elder Dan Kearl

sidenote: the top picture is one that dan letter mailed to me from the saipan zone conference when he met his new mission president, Pres. Mecham. The first thing I noticed was the sister missionaries wearing matching shirts...a little strange but cute. Then it looked like Dan had spilt spaghetti on his shirt. As a mother, I rolled my eyes. Then, I realized Sister Mecham had the same "spots" on her white shirt. So I figured perhaps she also spilt spaghetti on her shirt. I then saw some "spots" on Elder Cook's white collar too. I am assuming it was probably something that happened in processing the photo. I like the latter assumption. you have to click on the picture to see what i'm talking about. anyhow, it's 11 months tomorrow...yipee!!!!!! julie









No comments:

Post a Comment