SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, October 23, 2011

plugging along in saipan

Dear Mom,

That is exciting that you are finished your Psych Rotation. Are you excited to care for seniors?

I have no idea what is happening for transfers this week. There were supposed to be 3 new elders coming this transfer but 2 of them got delayed, so I think that switches things up, I have no idea!

I have some ideas of what I would want for christmas! Maybe a tie or two, a belt, a pair of crocs (turns out we can wear them while proselyting if we wear socks and I have been wearing mine but another pair would be nice, Black to match my socks and pants). Maybe some food or candy! Thats all I can think of for now!

The senior couple arrived here on Monday, Elder and Sister Jones. They are really funny and super nice! They remind me of President and Sister Dowdle a little bit! Oddly enough they also remind me of you two! They are CES misionaries helping out with Institute and YSA stuff. We are so excited to have them on Saipan!

Saipan is doing really good. We had a baptism on friday where 2 of the sisters investigators got baptized! Perry, one of our investigators is getting baptized on Wednesday and we are looking forward to that. Transfer calls are this week on wednesday too! So it is going to be a fun week.

Ummm nothing else much new! I helped give someone the Melchezidek Priesthood to a guy named Arthur who is going to australia on his mission in December.  The computers aren't working this week so I can't send pictures but I will try again next week. Sorry! I can't believe I have been out a year, I feel so old!

Love Elder Kearl

No comments:

Post a Comment