SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Monday, October 17, 2011

short and sweet but amazing pictures make up for it


sidenote: There has been much discussion in the past few weeks between Derek and I about what we are able and willing to do as parents to help our kids obtain an education in a reasonable, fair and equitable manner. I have tried to not ask Dan too many questions about what his plans are for when he gets home from his mission. As of right now, he has been accepted to BYU for January 2013 but other schools have not been ruled out. Yesterday, I felt very impressed that I needed to share with Dan what we had agreed upon and emphasize to him that as parents, we really value education. When I received Dan's email I was reminded of how aware the Lord is of each of us. It assured to me the importance to share our thoughts and feelings with others when we feel prompted, even if we don't know why. I had no way of knowing that Dan was thinking about this very thing too and needed reassurance. It reminded me of the quote by Spencer W. Kimball where he reminds us that Heavenly Father does hear our prayers but it is usually through someone else that he answers them. For this I am grateful. i love my boy!!!! julie

Hey Mom

How are you? I am doing just fine! Ben got confirmed this week by Elder Cook! We were all really happy and its nice to know that the ward is behind him 100%! My next transfer is next week on the 26th or 27th I believe!

That is so exciting about Grandma and Grandpa entering the MTC today. I'm sure it was a little sad for them to say goodbye too. I know they will enjoy being missionaries and serving the missionaries in London! The new senior couple is coming in today and we are all excited to meet them. The assistants met them last night and they told us that they are very awesome and very nice. They will really help the Saipan ward and we are all looking forward to their efforts in the Lord's work.

Thats so crazy that Danielle and Jeremy Stanford were both called to the same mission in France but different languages. What are the chances of that? I know they will both be very good missionaries and will have fun.

I was very touched by what you said about my schooling when I get home. It means alot to me that you are willing to sacrifice so that I am able to get an education and that you believe in my ability to do so. It was a total answer to my prayers. I was thinking about this very topic last night before I went to bed. I was considering delaying school so I could work to save up some more money but then very clearly a thought came in to my mind saying 'don't worry about this, a way will be provided and it will all work itself out'. And then I received your email the next morning. My patriarchal blessing reminds me too that the Lord will help me in this regard. I am so blessed and I will not worry about it while I'm on my mission.

One thing that I have been able to improve on is using my money wisely and being thrifty! I am not perfect at it, but I have learned some tricks on how to save money and use it wisely. I regard the money I receive as a missionary as sacred funds and will not misuse it.

I love you all and hope you are able to recieve blessings that Heavenly Father has in store for you.

Love Elder Kearl

these pictures are from the American Memorial Park


No comments:

Post a Comment