SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, October 30, 2011

1 year mark and his first transfer to.........


sidenote: It was exactly one year ago this weekend that we had Dan's open house and farewell to leave on his mission. Even on that day, he did not have his US visa and we knew that if it didn't arrive the next day he would not be leaving for another six weeks. Dan was ready to leave and Derek was ready for him to leave as well. Derek said that if there was a God in heaven it would come on time and it did, the very next morning. I knew it was transfers this week and so as usual my mind was thinking about him all day wednesday, wondering where he was. He has been in Saipan for his whole mission and it has been a very positive experience for him. As his mother, I was excited to hear of his transfer and that he was adjusting well. I knew it would be very hard for him to say goodbye to the people in Saipan, he had really grown to love them. Derek and I giggled tonight as we thought of him translating into the language of Chuukese. I had memories of him as a 4 year old taking him to speech therapy weekly at the Glenrose Hospital in Edmonton to learn prepositions, etc. His speech therapist would be thrilled to see where he is today. This boy has come such a long way in his life. I love him so very much and wouldn't want him anywhere else but where he is.  julie


Hey Mom,

Ran Annim

Man, this so crazy. How are you? OK so I got transferred to..........................................................................Guam! So crazy.

I am white washing an area with Elder Tadd in Yigo North. Elder Tadd just came off Mand in Pohnphei. He was the branch president there. This is his first time off his island too. We are by the Anderson air force base here in Guam. It was hard to say goodbye to Saipan. But.....I like Guam its an awesome place! We are having fun.

I can't even describe how sad I was to say goodbye to the island of Saipan. Guam feels very modernized compared to Saipan. The ward is awesome. The members like to have the missionaries over alot and to work with them. The past few days the Bishop has come out with us showing us where all the members live. We went to the ranches on saturday where all the less active chuukese families live. I have never spent so much time speaking chuukese. I was even asked to translate Gospel Principles class and priesthood, it was very interesting. During gospel principles I was translating for this one lady and her small son kept spitting on my hand and kicking me and the mom just kept giving me candy. That was interesting to me that she did nothing about her son.

I am having fun but also really stretching myself and progressing in the language. Its exhausting being a missionary but so worth it. We found this pohnpheian family yesterday. I am so glad Elder Tadd speaks Pohnpheian, it will help us reach so many more people in this area. He has been out for a year and a half. We made so many appointments with less active and part member chuukese families. The work is going to progress so much here, I just know it.

These pictures are saying goodbye to members at the Saipan airport. I left with Sister Tennant, she is done her mission.

Please tell everyone they can send mail to the mission home.

Oh yeah, I just found out that I can email grandparents but I won't do it all the time.

Well I gotta go,

I love you,

Love Elder Kearl



No comments:

Post a Comment