SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, November 6, 2011

boys will be boys.....

Hey Mom,

I am great! How are you?

I really miss Saipan, but I love Guam, the members here are great we got so many referrals!

We were referred to this Pohnpheian guy who is the pohnpheian equivalent of Jack Black. Seriously, he looks and acts alot like him. He is so funny, we are teaching him now! We asked him if we could share more of our message and he said" I think I got your message".

I really like my companion Elder Tadd, hes awesome and really funny. He just came from serving in Pohnphei! He was the branch president there too. I really love him! He is from Las Vegas.

Can you ask Liana what part of Pohnphei she served in and where? and also where she served in Guam?

Yigo north (my area) is awesome. We have found alot of new investigators and have made progress with our current ones. Two of them came to church for the first time yesterday!

As far as what I want or need from you...I would like if you could send me a cheap, big scripture case. My old scriptures are getting very worn down, so I bought the big hard cover triple and bible combined for like 6 dollars here. It doesn't need to be fancy just something to hold my scriptures in. I still have my old scriptures the nice quad I just don't use it for proselyting, only personal studies! I don't need anything else but thanks for asking.

I want to tell you about the ranches where we do alot of teaching. It is the most ghetto place I have been too. People live in ghetto tin houses and old shipping containers and concrete shacks, they are mostly chuukese people!

This one family we see quite often have been members for a while. They live in this concrete shack with no power and the dad talked about how grateful he was that God gave him his house. It is so humbling, we are teaching some of his family members.

When we stopped by there one day, one of his kids was totally naked. Its really common here though, micronesian kids especially Pohnpheian and Chuukese are always naked and run around barefoot. I tried to ask him where his pants/clothes were and instead I accidently asked him where his panties were. I thought that was pretty funny.

Then later when we prayed I totally farted and their little girl was laughing so hard (chuukese kids are so funny). Because she was laughing so hard, the mom kept hitting her(that also is quite common here). After the prayer I asked her why she was laughing and she said "Pun ka Pwir"(because you farted). Then we all started laughing. This same girl likes to say my name over and over its so wierd: Elder Kearl, Elder Kearl, Elder Kearl, Elder Kearl.

Well thats my story for the week.

we really felt the spirit while doing missionary work together. We have been roleplaying alot and been working real hard! We also went to ward council yesterday and that was very interesting.

Unfortunately, this computer isn't working very well so I will be unable to send you pictures this week.

Well I gotta go

Love ya, C ya, bye

Love Elder Kearl

No comments:

Post a Comment