SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, November 20, 2011

things are rolling along in guam

Dear Mom

Hey Mom! How are you? Sounds like you had a pretty good week! Glad to see you are having fun with the old people at the seniors lodge! If you are so excited to do labour and delivery, you should come here. There are always alot of babies being born! The one thing that Chuukese people make is babies, and alot of them too. We just have to get them all married!

It's good to hear that Emily is getting her applications in for university. That is crazy! I hope that she has fun and finds the school that is right for her! I am happy that Scotts doing fine too! I haven't been really thinking alot about university when I get home. I just want to focus on my priesthood duties right now in my life! I still want to go to BYU Idaho, but the only problem is visa. Could I get started on doing my US citizenship? Let me know what you think!

Thats really insane but exciting that Chantae is engaged! Thanks for letting me know about Mike. It's between him and the Lord and I trust that its the right decision for him. Thats so wierd Tyson is getting home soon and then Brett and then me!

Well things are going good here in Guam! We have been trying to get more members in lessons and we have improved in that area and are feeling some success! We took Bro Raymond with us. He's this chuukese man who was baptized in 1994, endowed in the Laie Hawaii Temple and really knows about the gospel! He has been less active but has been coming to church the last month. He was awesome, he sat down, talked all in chuukese. We had already given the lesson but he started talking about reading the scriptures, praying and going to church. We felt the spirit the whole time really strong. He said he would pick up the investigators for church. He was so excited and really wants to come back with us everytime. He was really strong, he baptised his whole family and alot of other chuukese people! He used to be second counselour in the barrigada branch presidency. Right now he is the 1st counselour in the elders quorum but he hasn't really been coming to church! So that's exciting for him and for our investigators. We also taught juniors dad for the first time this week. We heard he was really stubborn but he said he would consider getting baptized and will think about it a little bit!

Well thats our week. Things are going well with my companion, he's a great guy.

I gotta go,

I love you all,

Elder Kearl

No comments:

Post a Comment