SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Monday, September 26, 2011

lots of pictures!



Ranannim Famini!!

Ifa soum? How are you?

I am doing fine! Its really weird being in a threesome (3 elders in a companionship) but I am getting used to it!

I bet the food drive was fun! That is such a great service project and I remember doing it with the family. They don't do anything like that here.

How was the temple trip? I'm glad Dad, Emily and Scott could all go. That is fun to hear that you are going to Hawaii for Christmas.

To answer your question, President Mecham did not give me any indication about how long I will be staying in Saipan. By the end of this transfer I will have been in Saipan for a whole year, so weird!

I was happy to hear that you are enjoying your clinical rotation in the psych ward! There are alot of people here who are crazy but still really good people. In this culture it seems that everyone enjoys being themselves and are not ashamed! Its the saying here, 'don't be ashamed!'

Well the missionary work is going alright. Ben is progressing towards Baptism, we set a date for Oct 8. We know he has a word of wisdom problem so we are going to work on that with him. We have other investigators now that our area has merged! We are struggling to keep appointments with people.

In our threesome we have lots of fun and laugh a lot. We found a funny sign about dogs, i'll send you a picture of it. We also found a church with a sign that says 'YE DAM CHURCH'! I thought it was funny, I will send you a picture sometime! I need to take it first though! ( did not end up taking that picture)

I Love ya,
see ya,
bye!
Love Elder Kearl

sidenote: today in the mail i received dan's memory card he sent me from micronesia. it had 183 pictures on it, some i had seen, some were new! it felt like christmas morning. i have included some of my favorites!











No comments:

Post a Comment