SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, September 4, 2011

officially out 10 whole months....yipee!

Ran annim famini!

I am doing good! This week was really tough. Alot of our appointments fell through and we had to drop some of our investigators so we have no one with a baptismal date set. The ones we did have baptismal dates for weren't able to meet with us or were not progressing well enough to be baptized! We still had a fun week though!

You asked about the weather here with it so hot and humid. You just get used to it, I still sweat alot but it doesn't bother me!

I hope Elder Potrie gets better quickly and can return to the mission field, I will pray for him!

I am still loving being a missionary here in Saipan. I sent you my memory card in the mail I hope you get it soon. When you do, could you please put the images on the computer and then mail it back to me so I can take more pictures.

We had a really good experience with Norris, one of our investigators! He is opening up more now because members are involved with him. He is progressing slowly but he has actually finished reading the Book of Mormon and he prayed to know if its true when we were there with him! He is from the island of Kosrae and was taught by missionaries a long time ago! He doesn't understand English very well and he is not the brightest bulb in the room, but we sure love him! He is keeping his commitments and we are going to hopefully resolve his concern about baptism tomorrow when we meet with him!

Thank you for sending me a package from Nauvoo, I can't wait to see what's in it. I have enjoyed all the pictures you have sent from your vacation to church sites and chicago.

P.S. Tell dad he has a nice beard in the pictures. It's a little long and he looks like an islander!

Well I gotta go, love ya, see ya, bye

Elder Kearl

No comments:

Post a Comment