SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, August 28, 2011

two baptisms this week



Hey mom and family!

So thats really cool about your church history trip! I really liked the pictures!

I just mailed you a picture of the zone conference with President Mecham, so maybe in 4 weeks you will get it. It is from the zone conference back in July!

Oh yeah, on the 15th of September we have zone conference in Guam with the Guam, Yap and Palau Zones. Elder Stevenson is coming from SLC and he wants to see the missionaries so that will be fun! I am so excited that I will be able to see Elder Mafi (from MTC district) again that will be fun, and also meet the other missionaries I haven't met yet or seen in a while!

This week on saturday I will have been out on my mission for 10 months, so crazy!

Today was awesome, Alfonso and Maria were baptized and confirmed. The Bishop called some Family History Consultants to help new converts with their family history. One of them will be meeting with Alfonso and Maria on wednesday, they are excited because thats one of the reasons that Alfonso met with us; he wants to know his Family History! They are going to do very well in the gospel.

The ward and stake are improving and I am so excited! I want to stay here forever but transfers are coming up on the 14th of September. We fly for Guam that night at 6:30 so we will find out in Guam.

Can you please send me kents address, I want to send him a letter!

Well I gotta go love ya see ya, bye

Ai tong ngenikemi ai famini, Seni

Elder Kearl

sidenote: Derek, Emily, Scott and I are currently on our summer vacation touring the various church sites. we have done palmyra, NY, kirtland, OH, and we are now in chicago for a few days to explore the sites here. we leave on wednesday to travel to nauvoo to see the sites. We brought dan to palmyra and kirtland two years ago with derek's parents for his grade 12 trip. it's very different without him and i grateful that we brought him here before or else i would be feeling a little guilty.






No comments:

Post a Comment