SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, August 14, 2011

progress and happiness in saipan

Hey Mom and Dad and Emily and Scott,

How are you all doing? I am doing fine! This week was pretty good. Alfonzso and Maria, our investigators, are progressing along well. They came to church and Alfonso has been coming every week and this is Marias second time! They are doing good with accepting and keeping commitments. They are both excited to get baptized on the tenth of september we might try to move it up to the third! It really helps with Brother Salcedo because he always bears a really good testimony and they are sitting with them at church and making them feel welcome, he is awesome! Members are the way to go!

We are having fun. We have a finding day tomorrow where we just go out and find people to teach. Its going to be great because we have so many referrals to contact!

I am excited because we also are allowed an extra half hour for email so they will probably be getting longer!

Thats so good that Scott went to EFY!! I remember it man, it was so much fun!

I have been here on Saipan so long, one or two more transfers and I will have been here a year! So wierd, one area for one year. When Sam the Ward Mission Leader said that, His dad, a counselour in the bishopric, said that it means an anniversary and we will have a party to celebrate me being here for one full year. I am excited! Man Saipan is so good, I am so happy to be here!

Thats good you turned emilys old room into a sewing room, and painted it how you want it now, no more bright pink. Its going to be so different when I get back home!

Mom, tell me about how your talk in church went, I am excited to hear about it!

Tell Joel and Shane Lethaby that I said hi! That's nice you could watch them for the weekend.

Oh by the way dad, i received in the mail the ties the young men collected. We have started to give them to people and they really like it! Theres alot of men and young men who need ties so they really loved having some new ones!

Well I gotta go love ya c ya!

Elder Dan Kearl

No comments:

Post a Comment