SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, November 28, 2010

First email from.......SAIPAN!

Rannaniem Mom

IFa Usum(How are you?) I know you miss me mom.  I am in Saipan right now in a small internet Cafe!! 

I have a companion from the phillipines and he is so funny.  He is supposed to preach the gospel in tagolog and so I preach in English and he speaks Tagalog!!  I have to learn a launguage right now it is really hard but I could proably get it soon. It is called Chuukese and I will have to learn some tagolog too because alot of people in Saipan are from the Phillipines!!


Its so awesome here, the people are nice, the weather is hot (I am sweating so much) and we already have an investigator getting baptized, her name is Delia she is philipino(half of Saipan is philipino). she is such a sweet old lady.  When we taught her a couple days ago she told us that she was gonna be our mother!! (there is also this one chuukese women named Grandma Bernie and also three other women who said they will be our mothers).  We set a date for Christmas Day and she first started investigating because she came to church and felt the calm peaceful spirit at church and while we teaching her!! She wants to keep feeling that spirit she sad she wants to come to church and feel the holy ghost!! 


I love the people here, they are so awesome, they luv the missionaries. We always have meal appointments and we already have 3 set for Christmas Day, we will probabley get more too, i HAVE GAINED 20 POUNDS SINCE i GOT INTO THE MTC!  I am now 120 punds!!  This place is so awesome.  We are reopening a new area because we didn't have enough missionaries for a time so we only have one investigator but if we keep working it will get better!!  

I eat alot of philipino food and also american and its all so good.  People are pretty poor here its pretty sad, its humbling, so grateful for back home.  No one really cares, they live in everything from an old barracks (which has really small rooms that people live in and like 10 families share a bathroom its pretty sad! )  We do alot of our finding in these jungle roads away from the main roads,  thats where we found a barracks and also really small tin houses!!  People live in anything here its insane!!    


I love being a missionary, it is not fun all the time but I luv it!  There are alot of mangy dogs here (called boony dogs)  and they keep barking at us maybe because I smell so bad from sweating!

I absolutley without a doubt know this church is true and that Jesus is the Christ and because He loves me He atoned for my sins and that the Book of Mormon is true!!

I gotta go 

Iov you

Elder Kearl

No comments:

Post a Comment