SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

things are great in the MTC!

Hey Family,

hows it going?

Thanks for the packages they were so awesome, I got all of them and they really helped.  All the other Elders in my district were happy that I had alot to share,  some of there family lives were not that great at home so it helps that I got stuff to bring them stuff!  I also saw Elder Palmer first day of MTC!  I got my Travel itinerary and I leave on 3 am tuesday Nov 23 for Guam and I can call u at the airport.  I don't know what time there but probably 12-3 sometime between there Hawaii time! 

I met one of Grandpa Rosenvalls old companions, Elder Charles Barnes on Friday. 


This week was intense, alot of changes! Elder Mafi and Elder Beaty could not get along so Elder Mafi got transferred to the zone leaders companionship so its just me and Elder Beaty!  I learned to love my companions when they wouldn't stop fighting.  I was trying everything to make them get along like when ever I prayed It would make me cry how much I wanted them to get along and then the Branch President talked to me about it and he said " Elder Kearl I know you have been trying tour hardest to make your companionship stop fighting and the Lord is aware of what you are going through and what you have done.  Tell your parents that your a good missionary and if you keep this up you will be blessed in Micronesia!"  I never knew it would be this hard to love my companions or that a misson would be this hard but I love my experience here at the MTC! 


Tuesday night Elder Bednar came on tuesday and gave us a talk and later gave us an apostilic blessing.  He told us that if we would strive to study and understand the doctrine that we would have the spirit wiht us and the blessings of God would distill like the dews of heaven!  When the apostles come to the MTC they are not as serious as they are in general conference.  Elder Bednar told us to take off our suit jackets and to get comfortable.  When he got up to speak he said he remembered when he was in ther MTC back when in the days of Parley P Pratt!  Then his wife interrupted him and got to the puilpit and said "don't say that they don't know who Parley Pratt is!"   Elder Bednar was so embarrased he did not say anything for 5 minutes!  


I am so blessed to be here and I know it I am grateful for this wonderful oppurtunity and I know Joseph Smith is a Prophet Of God and that he translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God and that the Book of Mormon is true and Jesus Christ is the son of God and He loves me and because of that He atoned for my sins so I can live again.

Thanks for everything everyone sent me it really helps getting stuff, it lifts my spirits.  I have one question could you send my Sams and Bretts and Tyson addresses?

Love Elder Kearl


No comments:

Post a Comment