SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Monday, October 22, 2012

"i kinda want to see a doctor and a dentist when i get home"

sidenote: no shower for 4 days and not a lot of drinking water makes this mama very anxious to have her boy home....18 more sleeps! yipee!!!! most of you know that making quilts is one of my favorite things to do. i found this fabric that has an island theme with bikes and airplanes (he flew lots from island to island and rode bikes in Chuuk) mixed into so i made dan a quilt as a remembrance of his service in micronesia. i tried my best to make it more 'manly' by using a grey background and binding it in black. however, i am told it is juvenile looking. i don't care, i know dan will love it and appreciate the time i put into it.

Dear Mom

I think it's funny that you are counting down for me coming home by how many sleeps are left. It's hard to believe I will be home so soon.

I received your package with the shoes and treats. Thank you very much, my companion and I especially loved all the chocolate you sent.

I am doing great! Those baptisms aren't until saturday. We are excited and it will be Jovovicks first time conducting a baptism.

I haven't showered in 4 days. The water ran out and there are problems with the pump. Also there is not alot of drinking water to go around to everyone. I kinda want to see a doctor and a dentist when I get home. Can you book appointments for me?

I am loving being a missionary and serving in Chuuk,

Hope all is well with you guys,

Love Elder Kearl

No comments:

Post a Comment