SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

a miracle in chuuk

Dear Mom

We don't get to watch general conference until next weekend because of the 16 hour time difference but I heard about the change in age to serve a mission. There are so many sisters who want to serve missions so it will be great! That is really cool! I am excited, Chuuk is really going to grow from that change!

Thats a really cool experience you had at the hospital reuniting with my nurse! I hope I get to meet her! Thanks for sharing.

We had a great week and a cool experience! Elder Johnson got really sick so we couldn't go proselyte and remind our investigators to come to church that week. We prayed that our investigators would still come to church. So we prayed for a miracle. The next morning we woke up and Elder Johnson felt better so we woke up and we went out to the place where they all live (they all live in this one village Koroni) and we see Maika our ward clerk who is a returned missionary and Elder Katas brother in law! He was getting the Aaronic priesthood and on their own they divided and visited every member and all of our investigators. I asked him why he had done that and he just said that last night he felt that he needed to organize the priesthood to visit all of our investigators. 3 of our investigators came to church which does not always happen because church is the hardest thing for people here because it is so far. We broke another record and had 50 people at church. It was completely packed, alot of people were sitting on the floor! All because of the Priesthood, I am so grateful for that miracle!

My shoes got completely destroyed and I only have a pair of crocs left. Can you send me a pair of dress shoes size 8 1/2 to 9! The island of Chuuk is very hard on shoes. I would really appreciate it.

Thats about it!

I love you so much

Love Elder Kearl

No comments:

Post a Comment