SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, June 26, 2011

farewell to president and sister dowdle



Dear Mom and Family:

I am still in Saipan with Elder Early, nothing really changed in Saipan zone. This is Sister Wingates last transfer and then she is done her mission!

President and Sister Dowdle came to Saipan for their last sunday of their mission! Everyone loved to see them there and there was alot of people at church yesterday! It was weird having the Mission President at church with you and I was kind of nervous, but it turned out to be interesting and fun at the same time! It was really sad though after they left. That is the last time I will ever see them on my mission but I do intend to see them after my mission if I am ever in Utah, or I will make the 15 hour drive just to see them!

I flew to Guam to attend the zone conference. It was all about being the best missionary and having a good attitude! There are some things I have to work on with that I realized! We sang a song for them (the EFY medley) and we were all almost crying at the end! President and Sister Dowdle were actually crying and the spirit was really strong at that zone conference! I took some pictures with Elder Garcia and ELder Deocampo and also the other filipinos because they all go home in Augest at the end of this transfer and I probably won't see them again. I will miss the missionaries in Guam too, we joined with the Guam zone for zone conference!

Saturday was the hardest day of my mission so far. The Zone Leaders had a baptism we were planning to attend. The night before we put some air in our tire because the light went off and then the next morning our tire lost all the air and was flat. No place was open that could replace our tire and it was raining hard. We just tried to change the tire at the church and Elder Early accidentally dropped the cell phone when we were going to ask a member to borrow his tire jack so we had to walk. We also couldn't get to the phone in the church because its in a room that we don't have a key for and so we also couldn't call anyone for help. We still had weekly planning to do because we had no time on Friday and as a result we had no prosylyting time. So that day was just the worst ever, but don't worry, we survived.

Thats so crazy about Grandma and Grandpa Kearl putting their mission papers in. They are so lucky and I am so happy for them!

I am still so happy to be in Saipan for another transfer! I love this island and I love being a missionary.

Well I know this church is true and that Heavenly Father still loves me.

I gotta go

Ai Tong ngrokem

Seni Elder Daniel George Kearl







No comments:

Post a Comment