SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, June 19, 2011

happy father's day from micronesia

sidenote: it's a shame that missionaries don't get to phone home on father's day as well. here are a couple of my favorite pics of dan and derek. where has the time gone, this seems like just yesterday.....julie




Dear Family:

I can't believe I am almost a 1/3 done my mission. It has flown by. This week has been insane! Nciana, one of our investigators, is progressing, she knows the Book of Mormon is true and we have set a baptismal date for 23rd of July!

President Dowdle is leaving soon and my last interview with him is tomorrow at our zone conference. I am flying to Guam tomorrow to attend that. He will also be visiting Saipan for one last time on Saturday and then he goes home to Utah. So sad and so weird all at the same time! I am very sad to see President Dowdle leave and I am a little nervous about the new guy, President Mecham. I'm sure it will go well though, President Dowdle knows him he said it will be awesome! we had to make a video for President and Sister Dowdle last thursday, we each had 20 seconds to say goodbye! Transfers are this week and as always I really have no idea what is happening so we will see! I am still loving Saipan and I'm working very hard. I am so tired all the time.

I hope Dad had fun in Jasper for his conference. Happy Father's Day DAD!!!

So to answer some of your questions mom: I do remember when we went to Jasper as a family and Scott lost his Ipod and you and dad were not happy! I do like when it rains here, it feels good. Yesterday it was pouring and I was drenched because I have to go outside and help my companion when he was backing up and that was funny! I don't think I have gained any weight but I do feel my muscles growing!
Mom, thats good you are able to pick up a couple shifts on the cancer unit to keep you busy until school starts up again, that will be good for you. We are doing alright with the work, plugging along. We had like no time to do anything else this week, it felt like a gongshow, but I still loved every minute of it. I cannot wait for Zone Conference tomorrow in Guam!

Well I gotta go

Ai Tongkemi Faminiei (I love you all my family)

Seni

Elder Kearl






No comments:

Post a Comment