SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, June 12, 2011

mastering chuukese on his own



Hey Mom

I am fine! This week has been very fun!

Church was pretty interesting yesterday. The Gospel Principles teacher was bearing his testimony and he said "You can shoot me right now from here (not very far) and I will still testify to you that the church is true!" I thought it was very funny!

I taught a whole lesson in all chuukese though I taught very basic with very basic words so it was interesting! I loved it and we felt the sprit so strong in that lesson! Gift of tongues no doubt. I have such a testimony that it is real! I couldn't have done it without Heavenly Father! I am pretty sure the spirit was helping her understand what I was saying too and I understood what she said!

I am learning alot right now by opening up my mouth. Its really neat how we say things in english. And now I know why English is very tough to learn. man they have far less words in chuukese and so to say certain things they put words together so they can understand. For instance, if I wanted to say ressurection, I would say Manausefan which literally means life again. To say Kapasen Pwarata means testimony but it literally means Words of Revelation or reveal! Pretty neat!

I know these things are true!

If you have the church news photo or article about my new mission President could you scan and send it to me? That would be awesome, thanks.

Well I gotta go,
love ya,
c ya,
please reply back I really want to know how you are doing mom,

Ua Sinei Ewe puken mormon mi ennet pokiten Mwen Ua Iotek me eis kot ika ewe puken mormon mi ennet mwirinne Ua angei ponu seni ngun mi fen. Ua pwan sinei Ei Mwichefen mi ennet! ua apasa ekiek mettoch fan Jesus Christ amen

Ai Tong Ngrouk Faminei

Seni Elder Kearl

sidenote: Dan was called to micronesia guam, english speaking mission and only spent 2 1/2 weeks in the MTC. I am so proud of him for diligently learning the languages of tagalog and chuukese since he arrived in micronesia. He has so much faith and knows how to turn to the Lord to do hard things and as his mother I have always been grateful for that quality in him. I know this will help him his whole life through. Such a great person in so many ways. julie



No comments:

Post a Comment