SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, May 22, 2011

new companion....elder early!



Hey Mom,

I am doing just fine! I am really happy to be with Elder Early! He was trained by Elder Garcia and he is a very obedient missionary! He is from California, he came out with me and he was on guam for 6 months before he came to Saipan! He is a very funny guy!!

I got a haircut from one of the Zone Leaders Elder Cook, it was his first hair cut he ever did but it is pretty good! What we used though was interesting; clippers with a size 3 blade, a broom, my towel and a vacuum! The clippers for the cutting, the broom for getting the hair off my head and sweeping the floor and the vacuum to get stuff off my clothes! We really had to improvise,(don't Worry I showered).

Guam was really good , I learned alot on how to train missionaries. We were given some good materials to help us and now me and Elder Early are training each other! We have one extra hour of companionship study! So we have one less hour of proselyting (which is too bad)!

We had fun in Guam I liked the training meetings and the practices. I stayed with my Trainer Elder Deo Campo and Elder Bano. They are companions now in Guam and were missionaries with me in Saipan. We also had Elder Henrie from Yap stay with us. He was comps with ELder Bano and my first District LEader on Saipan. So it was fun and weird all at the same time. I had a blast hanging out with them again. They are in a walking/ biking area so two of us used bikes and two of us walked!

Elder Early and I have a new investigator named Oscar. He is filipino and is a referral from members which is nice. We are trying to rebuild this area since we do not have a lot of investigators. Elder Garcia was trunky near the end (but don't worry I still love him)!

I received the package Larry and Liana sent me, Tyler Henrys letter, Tyler Gedlamans email and Bishops letter. It was so nice to receive all those things this past week!

Can you send me Tyler Henry, Tyler Gedlaman, and Tanner Hopkins mission addresses? I want to write letters to all of them as soon as I can!

Well I gotta go

Ai Tong Ngrouk Faminiei

Seni

Elder Kearl

No comments:

Post a Comment