SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Thursday, May 19, 2011

alive and well in saipan with a detour to guam for a few days

sidenote: i did not receive an email from my boy on sunday night. i wondered if perhaps he was transferred to an island that did not have internet service. i was not worried, just very curious to know where he was. luckily, i have facebook friends in micronesia (see.....facebook is useful for something) and so i messaged them to find out if he was still in saipan. they informed me that he had flown to guam to attend a missionary training meeting and would be gone for five days, but had not been transferred to another island. i received a quick email tonight and expect to hear more about his trip on sunday.
as well, sister merlin alik, who is from micronesia, served with dan in saipan and was released a few weeks ago. she sent me a nice message after seeing dan is guam last week, she writes:

hellow sister kearl...
i talk to elder kearl today and he doing so good on his mission..
he came to guam for missionary meeting and i told him that i saw u in face book. Your son his a great missionary... poakpoake komwi....
sister alik

i asked dan what poakpoake komwi meant and he translated it as 'i love you' in pohnepein. micronesians seem like very kind, warm people. i am so happy dan is there.
julie

HELLO,

MOM, SORRY i COULD NOT EMAIL YOU, I was in Training in Guam. It was really good but it really changes our schedule around from how we normally do things. We were taught how to train new missionaries. If you got into the field in November, like me, you are still considered a new missionary.

Elder Early is my new Compaino and Elder Garcia is serving in Guam! Elder Early came out with me. Funny enough, he was trained by Elder Garcia and then with Elder Deo Campo (my trainer)!

Me and Elder Early were told by the mission president that we are training each other, its pretty weird.

I am having fun, I just got off the plane 3 hours ago! I was able to stay with my Trainer(Elder Deo Campo) in Guam. Elder Bano and Elder Henrie stayed with us too, it was just like old Saipan! I have some pictures to send to you on Monday when I have more time. It was a very fun and rewarding week!

Ai Tong Ngrouk

Seni Elder Kearl

No comments:

Post a Comment