SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, January 2, 2011

start of a New Year

Hi mom

How are you?  I can't believe I have been gone 8 weeks either doesn't feel like that, it feels more like 8 days!  


I really miss Grandma too,  I wrote Grandpa a letter and sent  some pictures, hope he likes them, i sent it today. Thats sad about your friend who died, and you are right,  LIfe is not fair, but whoever says its going to be.  I am learning that right now. 


This has been a hard transfer for me and I am really sad that Elder Deocampo is leaving for Guam, (Office Elders spilled the beans to him and he told me I am staying in Sanjose though no idea who my comp will be).   Life only gets harder thats what I have realized.  The only thing that we can do is to change and to learn and to smile.   I have learned that even if things are tough you still have to be happy.   Because when I smile and sincerely show people here that I love them they really trust me.  You can't mope about it like I did back home sometimes.  Companions are really tough at times and when we have some troubles getting along, we always just go to work and just forgive each other and not think about each other and ourselves just about everyone else, thats the key.  All we can do is let Jesus Christ take the grief and pain and then your burdens will be light.  He is going to make them harder each time but he only gives us as much as we can handle to test to make us pecehekun( Strong).  

In chuukese when people ask how are you (Ifa Usoum?), you don't say good or bad, they just say Pechekun or Apwanapwan(weak).  The Chuukese don't ask if your good they only ask if you are strong and we have to be strong because Christ is our rock, our Redeemer.  Read Helaman 5:15!  I know that this Church is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God that the Book of Mormon is true!  

Oh, I got some funny things to tell you.  We were finding in Gualo Rai and while we were finding we were talking to this one lady and while we talking this dog totally bit me!  He didn't even make me bleed.  The elders Quorum President here is a doctor and he checked it out and it is fine ( my companions bled a little to and its fine too). My comp and the other elders tricked me into eating a local pepper and it was so hot I am not even kidding. I ate so much chocolate later that night and I couldn't even taste it!  


Well I gotta go, cya,  Love ya

Bye

Love Elder Kearl  

p.s Explanation of Pictures:

-New years eve/christmas/birthday philipino party(we could only come if it was a christmas party), it was so much fun

-Picture of us at our sunrise testimony meeting as a zone on the first sunrise of the new year
-Elder Bano( we get along really well, marshallese guy) really happy for some reason
-A canadain Flag I found in the currulas house that the Lonsdales gave them why they were there , thought it was cool




No comments:

Post a Comment