SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, January 30, 2011

first baptism

Hey mom

Ifa usoum?  How are you?  I am so good here in Saipan!  It's tough, extremely tough because we haven't found like any new investigators, so next week it is going to be all about finding people to teach the gospel to!  fun.........  

Yeah, so the baptism did work out!  I am so happy.   I didn't get to baptize her but I am just so happy to see her get baptized!  I was able to give her the Holy Ghost though, my first time too!  We also have a baptism planned this coming week and Zone Conference on Friday, I'm so excited!  

I am really happy to be here,  it will be sad if I get transferred to a different Island!  I love the people here so much!  Transfer calls are in like 2 weeks, I hope I am not with some Nukumach Missionari (disobedient Missionary).  

It has been hard trying to get the members to help, we are not getting much success in that area.  Because alot of members here are converts, they don't know that its our duty as members of the church to help the missionaries.  Did u know that?  I didn't until I read Preach My Gospel.  We should all read preach my gospel, it will help us all to become better member missionaries and will help us be able to preach the gospel more effectively.  I know that as we do this the Missionary Work in the Tuscany Ward and Saipan Branch will get better.  I can promise that if we help out in missionary work better that baptisms will increase and that the Lord's work will grow!  

I know that the gospel is true and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God!  

Ua Ewe Pechekun Kot Tongei Feri Mettoch (In the strength of the Lord I can do all things).

Ua Tong Kich

Elder Kearl

No comments:

Post a Comment