SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, January 16, 2011

one of my favorite emails.....made me giggle

Hey mom

I LIKE THOSE PICTURES YOU SENT FROM CHRISTMAS TIME!  Why doesn't dad shave?   he looks so hairy, but he is his own man!  OH Elder Garcia my companion says to Bro Duldley "Kamusta po".  Tell Bro Dudley that I want to know how he is too! Praying for all of you!

That is exciting Emily is thinking of going to BYU and will be writing the ACT soon.  I am still thinking of going to BYU Idaho when I get home.  However, college is at the back of my mind right now, i'm just worrying about inviting people to come unto Christ!  thanks for everything everyone sent me for Christmas.  I sent a whole bunch of letters this past month, do you know if anyone received them yet? 

So we met this Chamorro lady named Parlinda, she was a refferal from a member.  Her dad died recently and Bro Tanner (the member) told her to talk to us and so she did.  We were telling her about the Plan of Salvation and we gave her the Book of Mormon and she was comforted to know that she will see her Father again.  It made me think of Grandma.   I really miss her!  Good thing she can see me!  

Mom you should be so lucky you can afford to get an education.  Here on this island very, very few people can afford to go,  there is only a community college in Saipan.  It seems everyone here works crappy jobs and they can barely make ends meet, its quite sad!  

Well I am glad to know you are doing ok mom.  That's too bad about Grandpa dying, but glad to know he lived a good hundred years!  

My new companion is awesome, he is teaching me to speak tagoalag and chuukese.  They are improving a little bit.  When people ask me how I am I can say "Ako Auguappo Perrine" (I'm still handsome).   I am glad you are enjoying how tall I look in the pictures.  It is pretty funny, I just think it is because people are so short here!  I am pretty used to the climate now!  My companion likes the heat and he is afraid of rain (like most phillipinos, they believe rain makes them sick).  I can understand quite a bit of Tagolag right now.  I am so happy to be here on a mission, I can't say that enough.   I really love Saipan, I don't want to leave.  

Well I gotta go, 
I am praying for all of you,
Love ya, 
Cya
Love ya (Ua Tong En)

Elder Dan Kearl   

No comments:

Post a Comment