SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, January 9, 2011

excited for mission calls back home

Hey mom, 
Aww man that is so exciting my friends got there mission calls, Tanner to Guatmala Centeral South and Tyler Henry to Cordoba Argentina (I think they are building a temple there)... Lucky!!!  Yeah, that makes me so happy!!  Where is Tyler G and everyone else going ?  I so want to know now!!  I will send them a letter next week I don't have much time on P-days!  

That sucks Grandpa died, though at least he lived till he was a ripe old age.  That actually made me really sad just reading about it but I will have to get over it because I am on the Lords Errand  therefore I should not be trunky!  

Well we just started a new transfer and I have a new companion!  His name is Elder Garcia and he's Filipino (gotta love them)!   He knows how to work through the members too so thats really good!  Hes been out as long as Elder Deocampo! We also got two other missionaries Sister Wingate served in Guam and the Elder Donekey served in Pohnpei!  They are both Americans and really nice.  They will add alot of obedience to this zone too!  Elder Donekey is really funny.  As we were driving him to his apartment this morning he said "now I heard yall Elders are the best looking in the mission"  We thought that was funny.  We still will have a district meeting and stuff so that we can coordinate well and improve.  I am so excited for this transfer you don't even know, but it feels wierd without my tranier in Saipan (hes on Guam right now with Elder Early)!  


I sent some pics but there are no pictures of any of the new missionaries maybe next week but I will send some Pics of some of our investigators today!     Hey Mom could you please send me my friends mailing addresses again!  I want to write more people letters!!  So excited to be on a mission and serving the Lord.  


p.s. my new comp Elder Garcia is in one of the pictures.
Love Elder Kearl

We got another one he wanted for his friends serving missions or about to or preparing to go:
Hey mom!!  

So Tyler Henry asked me for mission prep tips and I can't email him directly so could you forward this to him and all my freinds who are thinking about going on missions or have there mission calls!  OK so here is my long list of Advice:  A mission cannot be described in words only through feelings and experiences, but if I were really to describe mission in words I would describe it as a battle or war.  When you are in a mission it is not you against anyone else, it is you against yourself.  You might be puzzled reading this but let me explain!  
On a mission your purpose is to invite people to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored Gospel Of Jesus Christ through Faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, repentance, Baptism,receiving the Gift of The Holy GHost and Enduring to THe EnD(Preach my Gospel)!  
ON your mission you are constantly trying to out do yourself and to be better, you are overcoming the natural man to become Christlike so that you can do the Lords Work the Lords Way!  You will become discouraged that you are not good enough and that you are not able to do it!  But you have to give yourself some slack and realize that "When you are on the Lrods Errand you are on The Lords Help"  (James E. Faust)  
Your mission will be hard especially if you are learning a language (trust me Chuukese and Tagolag are no cake walk) but He will help you if are worthy of it and ask!!  You also need to keep your self esteem high and let go of Pride!  We all have Pride and we all have to be humble.  CHrist will only help us if we are humble Ether 12:27.  U have to do things the Gospel way not your way and then you will become effective, when you let go of pride u can get along with your companion and do the work.  
I am still working on being humble and I am not perfect but you have to learn Humility!  I know this isn't what you expected but this is what I would tell you and to read Preach My Gospel,
and scriptures know them well, they are your sickles, your tools, your souls

Love Elder Kearl  


as a side note.....in the first picture, my son is the tall one on the left....just saying! 




1 comment:

  1. LOVE what he had to say about what a mission is! very wise for his age! :)

    ReplyDelete