SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, July 29, 2012

surviving in chuuk

Hey mom and dad,

I don't have much time on the computer today.  It's been a crazy week. We had zone conference which as always was a great experience. I had a really good interview with the Mission President.

Our Branch President is going to come back to church now, and says he is going to fulfill his calling now that family problems are being dealt with! I am excited for this branch. We have no set baptism dates coming up but are hopeful we will by the last week of august. Our investigators are having a hard time getting to church but I know it will work out!

I received my birthday package. It was so awesome, especially the birthday banner with pictures of everyone wishing me a happy birthday. It is hanging up on my wall and I will keep it there until i come home. Thank you so much! 2 weeks ago our power went out in our boarding so we had no fridge to keep the chocolate from melting. So the branch presidents family helped me eat the chocolate and they loved the different kinds of chocolate bars from Canada.

My companion and I work very well together. Again, I am sorry I don't have more time to write. Today for P-day we hiked up a mountain. I will send pictures in the mail for you to see.

I love you all so much and I am so happy to be serving a mission,
Love Elder Kearl

Here are some birthday pictures





No comments:

Post a Comment