SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

turning 21 this week!





sidenote: Dan turns 21 this week! So hard to believe. What is crazy is that I was exactly his age when I gave birth to him. He can't send me pictures right now so I am waiting for his memory card in the mail. In honor of his birthday I thought I would put some pictures of him from when he was a little boy. I especially love the one of him with his pirate gear. He loved swords when he was little. He would make them out of anything he could find. I miss those days! julie

Dear Mom

I am doing so awesome. We have twelve baptismal dates, including a family!  It is really hot here in Chuuk. Our solar power went out and so our fridge does not work! All of our food is going bad!  We are doing great, Elder Lina is a good companion, he is progressing in the language!

Sorry about the post office box number, it's 861. Thanks for trying to get my package here on time!  I can't email pictures so I am going to send you my memory card. Hope that's ok.  My camera isn't working so can you buy me a cheap camera and send it to me? I don't think there is anywhere here on this island to buy one.

We had branch council for the first time and 30 people came including 10 priesthood holders!

I have no plans for my birthday because its a normal proselyting day! I do not know when my release date is yet! The missionary work is really good we are going to have a lot of baptisms in August and we have some good member work going! I am excited for this branch to grow, we are going to build it like lego's, one piece at a time! We have been working with the branch presidency on training leaders and we have been working on some cool part member families! I am doing really good and am very happy in my life as a missionary, best decision I ever made was to serve a mission.

I am going to print some pictures for you and send you my memory card hopefully today.  I love you so much mom! We have zone conference this week so I will let you know how things go! I am very excited to be here in Chuuk.

Sorry I don't have time to write more,

Love, Elder Kearl

No comments:

Post a Comment