SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, April 1, 2012

a baptism....

Dear family

How are You? I am doing good!  Ivan was baptized and confirmed this week! It was really good and he is really excited to receive the priesthood!  It was a good week. I had my first district leader council! I am glad to hear the conference talks were good, we will watch general conference next week. I am really looking forward to it.

I was laughing out loud when I read the story about Cohen and breastfeeding. That's happened quite a bit here, I have seen alot of women breastfeeding, its a little awkward but you get used to it.

We found 2 really good families this week, one of them is part-member which is a gold mine. We also had fun teaching Ritaichi.  We are teaching this one family and they are super, super poor. One of their relatives got mad at them and took all their documents. They are chuukese, the dad has no job and their kids don't even have clothes, like they just walk around naked and we were teaching a lesson and their 2 year old just started peeing right their on the floor where he was sitting down. They were so embarrassed but we told them not to worry, we understood!

In chuukese Sunday school yesterday, we had a testimony meeting and the teacher bears her testimony, tells us she is not worthy to teach the class and goes into detail about one of her serious sin's. Everyone was really nice and gave her a hug (except us, we can't give hug's) But I did tell her we loved and cared about her.  We were still really nice though!

Thats exciting that Emily is going to speak next Sunday and Brett is coming home. We are having fun here as a companionship. What do I need? I would love you to send me some more Lipton sidekicks, thats about it, different flavours if you can.

I love you!

Love Elder Kearl

No comments:

Post a Comment