SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Monday, April 23, 2012

living in the exact same house liana did as a missionary

picture of aunt liana in front of house

Hey Mom and Dad,

How are you? I am good! Happy to here that you are having fun in Mexico.

It turns out that Liana used to serve in my area and lived in the exact same house I live in. I think thats crazy.

My companion and I have been really working hard. We had a baptism for Ethan on saturday and then stake conference yesterday. It was very good. It was an area broadcast and Elder Kata (my companion from Chuuk) wanted to watch it in chuukese so we did! he missionary zone conference was really good. Elder Ringwood had me and ELder Kata practice teaching him! I am loving my new area. We are going to baptize like crazy here, I am so excited.

Sorry, I left my camera back at the house and we have to email really far away!

This is a great area to serve in with so much potential. We are covering a whole missionary district we are still in the stake, because they don't have enough missionaries. Their used to be 3 companionships in our area.

Well I love you both, but I gotta go

Have fun

Love Elder Kearl

a letter to aunt liana, who served in the micronesia guam mission over 20 years ago
Dear Liana

How are you? I am good! Guess what? I live in that house but they took down the tree.

We are having some success here. Everyone used to hate this area but now they love it! We cover the whole south. It used to be Talofofo and Merizo and before that Yonah was its own area but now we cover all of that. They are thinking of putting a group in Talofofo to get more people to church. There are alot of priestholders there but they are not active.

There are still alot of americans but we got some good local and micronesian people here too! Did you know Buzz Pesuier? He's crazy but awesome. He's on the high council.

Thats true about dating, it is quite funny!

Well sorry I gotta go, thats so cool we live where you used to live as a missionary,

Love Elder Kearl

They actually put a group in Merizo after I left - dan

No comments:

Post a Comment