SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Monday, December 5, 2011

climbed the highest mountain in guam


sidenote: I know I probably sound like a broken record but there are no words to describe the joy I feel as I see Dan serve among the Micronesians on the other side of the world (5993 miles to be exact). Even when we are in Hawaii at christmas, we won't be halfway to him, weird to really think about. Derek and I were just talking about how proud we are of him to have overcome so much and successfully be able to do 'hard things'. He is a great soul! julie

Hey Mom

We are doing well! This week was good but we had a lot of appointments fall through and none of our investigators came to church!

I received the package but at first I was curiious about who sent it since there was no letter in it and it was mailed from Phoenix. I really appreciate it, it was awesome!

Elder Tadd and I are good companions to each other. Transfers are coming up on wednesday and I am very happy to be here in Guam, I hope I get to stay!

I climbed the biggest mountain on Guam today for P day, it was a long hike! It was awesome and I will send some pictures. Also the bishop put my pictures on a dvd so I will send that in the mail! I am going on an exchange with the zone leaders today!

To DAD: I am curious what your new calling is if you were released from young mens! Transfers are coming up on wednesday! I don't know I will probably stay here with Elder Tadd. I am glad you are going to Hawaii, have fun watching basketball there! Micronesians really like to play basketball and volleyball, there is almost always a court around and even in the less developed parts they always build something to play them! Have fun skiing. Love ya

Sorry I don't have more to write. Just know we are having fun, I am fine and happy,

I gotta go,
love ya,
c ya,
bye

Love Elder Kearl

I want to explain these pictures. These are some of me climbing Mt Lamlam, the highest mountain in Guam; the one with the family is a family we are teaching Kitaichi, Nanna and K2 then you can see some kids in a picture too! also me and elder Tadd at 2 lovers point. No we are not gay, its a legend.  - dan






No comments:

Post a Comment