SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, December 18, 2011

drama and disappointment

Hey Mom

I am doing okay! This week was very interesting.

One of our former investigators and one of our less actives went to jail because they were fighting each other but they both got out. Yesterday we went to go visit Kitaichi and Nanne they are related to members and live in the same house and the dad was very drunk and being loud, he was swearing in chuukese and English! His wife just said to us "you need to go, my husband has problems right now, hes drunk" and so we came back and the landlord came with the police. We are really scared for him, he likes to drink but the funny thing is we talked to them the night before and he agreed and said he would stop drinking! No one came to church again! They didn't come because they are either sick, or they are ashamed with family or they are drinking!

Despite all the drama and disappointment, I am still having fun, I still like it and I am excited for christmas! I like the ward it's good, there are alot of micronesians and americans!

Micronesians are funny. I was translating for a woman and she asked me if her temple recommend is still good and I asked when did you get it and she said "2005". I said well its only good for 2 years and then she counted with her hands and realized she needs to get a new one. She is a great lady, she was sealed and everything to her late husband she is really funny!!

Well I gotta go love ya c ya bye

Love Elder Kearl

No comments:

Post a Comment