SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rannineem Emily!

Sidenote:  I had told Dan that Derek and I would be in Mexico this week so apparently he took that to mean he didn't have to write me this week.  It was transfers that week and I wondered for a few days if he had been transferred to the island of Chuuk which has no internet.  Found out he did write to Emily and here's his report of the week!

Hey Emily,

Rannineem!
Ua Pwapwa! (I am happy).  I heard you moved into my old room.  That is good you don't have to share a bathroom with Scott!  

Also exciting that Tim asked you to go to grade 12 grad with him,  he is a great guy!  Have you decided if you are going to go to BYU?  I hope so!  

I don't get very many letters and the mail system is very slow here!  Welcome to micronesia!  We had transfers this week and I am still with Elder Garcia this transfer.   I am really happy about that because we get along really well and he is very funny!  

I am so happy to be serving here in Saipan.  My love for the members here has deepened so much!  

Can you forward this to Liana?  SO I was talking to Sister Welch from Kirabis and I was telling her that my aunt had a missionary companion from Kirabis named Sister Eneri.  Sister Welch said that she was on a mission at the same time and in the same mission (she was in the marshall Islands, her maiden name is Sister Banky).  Sister Welch trained Sister Eneri, and said she thinks she met Liana before!  I asked about Sister Eneri and I have so news for Liana.  Sister Eneri is currently married and lives on the Island of Narue and has many children who are all very big!  

I will send u some pictures now, I gotta go, I will c you later, I love u alot. 

Tell them that your great!  (Grandpa Rosenvall always tells that to me).
Love ya, Elder Kearl
So we had an appointment with the lady in the blue shirt and she cancelled last minute on us.  We went to another persons house during that time and she was there.  Elder Garcia asked if she ditched us so she could play Scrabble and she responded "Oo" (yes)!



Elder Garcia

1 comment:

  1. your son is so awesome Julie and Derek! you are blessed. I will be checking up on him every now and then thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete