SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, February 13, 2011

update from saipan



Ranniem Mom
Ifa Osoum? Ua Feri Pechekun!(How are You? I am doing good).  

I just got the package you sent me,  marami Salamat Po Nannei (thank you so much Mother!)
  
Speaking of mothers, Nannei Delia got baptized on Saturday, it was so special and I really felt the spirit!  I am so happy that she got baptized and is wanting to go to the temple to be sealed to her late husband.  For her birthday we gave her a picture of the manilla temple.

I called my Tatai (my dad, aka Tranier, Elder De Ocampo).  It was so weird hearing his voice over the phone, I got to say Koma Sta Po Tatai.  I had to talk to him about getting me a scripture case.  He is in Guam right now so he can just go to the service center and buy one, he owes me money, so it all works out!  It was good talking to him and at the end he said mahalkita (I love u)!  He never said that to me while we were Comps!  I really learned alot from him and enjoyed serving together.   

So Zone Conference was cancelled again, something about flights, bummer.  So we will have to wait till march bcause it is zone conference coming up this month for all the other Islands!  

I also never got to chop a coconut this week,  we were so busy and so I had like no time!  We are trying to find new investigators but to no avail!  Transfers are coming up soon on wednesday and I am a little nervous.  My companion, Elder Garcia and I like it here and we know we can we do this.   We are both doing our best but we feel the Lord wants us to take it one step further!  We know that as we do are very best, we are more able to find those who are prepared to recieve the gospel of Jesus Christ! 

That is so cool there is a lady in your ward from the Philipines and you were able to hear her speak in sacrament today.  You will have to ask her where she is from exactly.  That is awesome she sang "I am a Child of God" in tagalog and other languages.  

well I gotta go! Ua Tong EN!  Kudra En
  
Love ya
Elder Kearl
P.S.  here some pictures from Nannei Delias Baptism


missionaries serving on Saipan

This is Gueya, he is really funny, he likes to talk to me so he can learn better english and he is so funny.



As a side note, today in our sacrament meeting, a philipino lady spoke.  She is a nanny here in Calgary and is supporting her husband and kids back home with the money she earns.  She is very petite but has a huge, warm spirit about her.  She gave a wonderful talk and then closed by singing all four verses of "I am a Child of God", each in a different language.  The first verse was in Tagalog, her native tongue, which is the language dan is learning.  Both of his companions have been philipino and he reports that half the island is philipino too.  He loves these people and says they are very warm, kind, generous and family is everything to them.  The old ladies tell him that they want to be his mother.   It brought tears to my eyes as she sang this beautiful hymn in their language.  I thought of how universal the gospel is and how happy I am that dan is serving amongst such wonderful people.  I gave her the biggest hug after church and look forward to having her over to get to know her better.  --julie

No comments:

Post a Comment