SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, September 2, 2012

alive and well!

Hey Mom,

I don't have much time to write to you today. It's been really great here in Sapuk, Chuuk.

We had correlation meeting with our branch mission leader, he is still in high school. We have really been focusing around building up the church members here and have had alot of success there! We have been making changes to create a stronger branch. We had 13 priesthood holders come to church this week, we were pretty excited. We are going to have some baptisms soon, I can just feel it.  My companion and I are doing good!

I love you so much Mom! The mail system sucks on this island. I sent a letter to you and they sent it back so I am sending you another one today! I have not heard about my flight plans for coming home.

I washed all my clothes by hand since we do not have access to a washer and dryer. I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty proud of myself.

I love you so much. I feel and know that the Lord is very happy with how I have served my mission! I love Dad, Emily and Scott alot and am grateful to be part of our family. I am looking forward to being all together soon. I took a lot of things for granted before my mission, things that I know I will be more grateful for on my return to Canada. I believe I have changed in many positive ways!

Love,
Elder Kearl

Jovovich our ward mission leader at that time, he is currently serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Micronesia Guam Mission(same mission as Dan) He is serving in one of Dans old areas Merizo!


No comments:

Post a Comment