SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, March 18, 2012

success in missionary work and chuukese girls chasing him

Hey Mom,

How are you?

I am doing very well and the work is improving all the time, we are very busy right now We are meeting a lot of people who show interest. Ivan, our investigator, came to church and he is on track to be baptized on the March 31st! The mission president came to district meeting I was conducting and that made me a little bit more nervous!

We are having a good week, we are very busy, and I have alot of stuff on my plate now but thats OK! I do remember NCAA March Madness, people here don't follow it as much as the NBA, they really do love the NBA. I remember going to both Salt Lake City and Portland for games. Good times for sure!

Elder Marshall is a great companion! We are having fun and the district is doing good!  This week was interesting. There were some chuukese girls around our age that liked me and kept calling and texting me saying stupid things not related to missionary work (like I love you, I miss you)! I had to go to them and tell them that I can't talk about that stuff and I am not looking for a relationship or a girlfriend! When I told her this, she looked like she was going to cry. Funny thing is thats the closest I have ever gotten to actually breaking up with someone. I told the President about it and he just said thats the way it is sometimes and I shouldn't feel bad that she almost cried! I was pretty direct when I talked to her. Thats my funny story for the week.

I received letters form Daynia, Kent, Tyler, Tyler and Jeremy. Elder Beatty also wrote me from Hawaii, I replied to all of them. Is Brett home yet? What's up with Jesse? Is he working? Are his mission papers in yet?

Thats about it, I love you so much

Love Elder Kearl

No comments:

Post a Comment