SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, March 4, 2012

new companion and new calling


sidenote: it was my last week on the postpartum/labour and delivery unit at the hospital and i am feeling a little sad about that; it is a very happy place to nurse compared to most units. i hope i end up working there when i am done (i finish school the same month dan gets home). i have had many thoughts of dan throughout this clinical. i walk by the room i was in when he was born, have spent time in the NICU where he was for 10 weeks, and have seen my high risk obstetrician who cared for me and the neonatologists who cared for him over 20 years ago. life has a way of coming full circle and putting a big smile on your face when you realize how far you have come, the valuable lessons you have learned and how life always has a way of working out. i wish back then i could have had a glimpse of dan as a 20 year old man. i am so very proud of him. julie

Dear Family,

How are you? It has been a crazy week here in Guam...transfers happened. I have a new companion, Elder Marshall from Idaho! He was on Palau for a year and now he is with me in Yigo! I am very happy I get to stay in this area.

I have also been made District Leader here in Guam North District! I was a little freaked out at first and still am but I know this is from the Lord! When the President called me on Thursday the first thing he said was "Elder Kearl if the Lord didn't think you could not do this he would not have called you!" He also told me to read D&C 121 a couple of times. They are going to be holding a training for District Leaders, they haven't done that for a while! Its been pretty crazy, I held my first District Meeting that same day. I also did my first baptismal interviews on Friday since I spent the whole day with the Zone Leaders! That is a neat experience because you can really feel the Spirit and it really guides you on what questions to ask. Tyler Gedlaman reported having had a similar experience during a baptismal interview. They were awesome and a real learning growing experience.

We had like no time to do much else this week, I was either picking up Elder Marshall or dropping off Elder Tadd. I will really miss Elder Tadd, I am sad he went back to Pohnphei. We got along really well and I learned alot from him as a person. Elder Marshall and I are still working with Ivan, he didn't come to church yesterday but we are still trying to meet with him. When I called him on Saturday, he said he was reading and praying so that made me happy!

I really love Elder Marshall, he's from Boise, Idaho. He is awesome, he teaches in a very simple, effective manner and he is really good at speaking Palauen.

Dad...thanks for the email. I love you too, I am happy to be your son!  Well I gotta go, love you all.

Love Elder Kearl





No comments:

Post a Comment