SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, January 15, 2012

things are going great for elder kearl

sidenote: I received the following email message from a gal in our stake attending BYU right now. It made my day. I assume Dan is doing well but it is always nice for a mom to hear it from others.
Sister Kearl!
I just wanted to let you know that I got a letter from my friend Elder Allred who is serving in Micronesia right now. He asked me if I knew your son! (Small world right?) In his letter he said that Elder Kearl was one of the most dedicated missionaries he knows. i just thought you would appreciate to know that thank you for raising an wonderful son who is willing to serve the Lord diligently!

Hey mom

How are you? I am doing great! We had zone conference last week and I really liked it. Saipan elders were there and it was nice to see them and hear what is going on in Saipan.

I bought a new camera to replace my broken one, thanks for transferring some money into my account. Elder Tadd helped me pick one that's good for the weather, very durable, and not too expensive!

Yes I know that Elder from the email you received from the gal at BYU. We have been together quite a few times and we get along really well. He stayed with us for zone conference, and I spent a whole day with him when he was transferred to Saipan. Very small world indeed.

We had some investigators at church yesterday which was good, this part member family and another one too! We taught some good lessons and I got a haircut today by Jason! He is really awesome, we found him a week after he came to Guam. He is 22, got into some trouble and has been a member for about 8 years and he has a daughter. When we first met him he had alot of problems, eventually to the point where he got drunk, arrested but released and he felt the spirit telling him he's going to be OK. Since we first met with him, he has been reading the Book of Mormon every day, praying, coming to church, talking to bishop and now hes getting a calling as a young mens advisor and is cleared to pass the sacrament this week. He says he will tell the youth not to do bad things and help out with activities! He is very excited about his new life. While he was giving us haircuts he asked about the sacrament prayers. We have reviewed many gospel principles with him because he had very little understanding about the gospel!

Our other investigators are not progressing very quickly, but something is going to happen, I can feel it and I am so excited!

Transfers are on wednesday and Elder Tadd and I are fairly confident we will be staying together! Who knows though!

I received the package you sent from Hawaii, I loved everything in it but especially enjoyed reading the updates you sent from my friends who are also serving missions. I also got letters from Daynia and Mark and Rachelle! If you see her (Daynia) could you tell her I sent her a few but one came back as wrong address. woops! I don't think there is anything else I need! I am doing great.

These are some pictures of Elder Tadd and I. He is wearing the shirt you sent him for christmas, he really likes it. I also included some pictures from a Friday Family Home Evening in the Yigo Ward.

Love Elder Kearl


No comments:

Post a Comment