SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Saturday, January 14, 2012

new investigator this week and a trunky mom

Hey Mom and Family,

How are you? Glad to hear you made it back safely from Hawaii. I do remember that overnight flight we have taken from Hawaii as a family, it's not very fun. Glad you survived it. Guam is a 7 hour flight from Honolulu.

I am doing really good. It's been an interesting week with so many miracles! We had fun this week with both miracles and some funny moments. We had a speak your language day where we had to go through a whole day speaking nothing but chuukese. It was kind of funny. I feel like I have grown so much in this area; its easier to understand and speak. I need to do 2 more of these days if I want to get my masters (something we have in our mission)!

We just switched to 1:00 church. It was nice, the time change helps us to be more organized but it doesn't mattter what hour church is at, just as long as you go!

I have met so many depressed people here. There is this one girl,I think she was and is still abused and as a result, she has very low self esteem! We were teaching her sister yesterday, and she joined in which was good. She is 19 and has only been in Guam 2 years. She never looked us in the eye and she looked really sad. Sometimes she talked to us directly but most of the time she just talked to her sister who talked to us. Luckily, I can understand what she is saying and speak back to her. She also does not know how to read which makes me really sad! She looked so sad and I was reading my scriptures today in Moses and John and it talked about Jesus Christ and how if we receive Him, He gives us power to become the sons of men, so through Him we can be like Him! I thought of that girl and how the gospel can really help her be happy. Alot of the girls on the island of Chuuk just stay home and the husbands use them to work and make babies. They feel very little individual worth which is really sad. I have seen alot of Guys hit their kids, girlfriends or wives and it makes me angry because they deserve so much better!

I know this Gospel is true and it can make all of our lives better! I am excited for zone conference it is this friday!

I think you are the trunky one mom. ha ha! I can't believe you know how many more sleeps till I get home.

We received good training in district meeting on how to talk to people better about the gospel. We had an appointment fall through this week and we ended up talking to this guy on the street for a long time. He said he wanted to come to church and he did. We are planning on teaching him tomorrow and we gave him a book of mormon!

I love you all but I gotta go, love ya, c ya, bye

Love Elder Kearl

No comments:

Post a Comment