SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, March 6, 2011

converted to spam and rice....

tracting in the jungle
Hey mom!
Thank you so much for sending me all those emails.  I am wondering if you can send me some more pants.  I only have one pair of pants right now because my other ones are getting repaired by a member lady.  It feels like my clothes get destroyed here more than they did back home.  Oh, and some socks would be great too, I seem to be running out!  

I am getting more used to working in the heat here in Saipan, but I always feel myself sweat, very different than the climate in Calgary.  I feel like I really belong here in this mission and living on this island, it is weird and great all at the same time!  

I can hardly believe that wednesday will be one year since grandma died.  I was really sad when I thought about her this week, I miss her so much.  She loved me and was always so good to me.  On Thursday it hit me all of a sudden that I could hardly eat my dinner.  

I have been converted to spam and rice.  You put them together and they are so good, especially with soy sauce!  You can barbecue it too.  That is so exciting that Kent is waiting for his call, I think he is going to go somewhere good, I can feel it! Be sure to let me know when he gets his call. 

So exciting that Grandma and Grandpa Kearl are getting ready to put their mission papers in.  I hope they get called to this mission, they need a senior couple on Kosrae!  I am happy to hear that Thomas Palmer received my letter I sent him.   I drew him a picture because he drew me one too, but I am afraid mine isn't very good compared to his, it was awesome!  I am going to send you my memory card through the mail, please send it back to me when you are done!  

How is Grandpa Rosenvall? Please tell him I am thinking about him right now and I will send him something soon!  It will be a very hard for for the whole family thinking about Grandma.  I'll pray for you all!

well I gotta go
Love ya
Elder Kearl

AP's come to visit Saipan, they are tall dudes!



missionaries serving in saipan
cutting a coconut with my machete
kalabera caves on P-day
very deep and a little scary

No comments:

Post a Comment