SERVING IN THE MICRONESIA GUAM MISSION
"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." -Helaman 5:12

Sunday, April 17, 2011

new investigator

Lestor, one of our investigators

Hey mom,
Thanks for forwarding tyson and brett's mission updates, i like reading them.  Can you send me their addresses? I want to write them a letter! 

I am doing good here in saipan.   We finally found some new investigators....well only one!  His name is Tatson and he is from the island of Chuuk!!  We taught him and he asked a really good question about baptism so Elder Garcia answered it by telling him that baptism is not complete with out the Holy Ghost, the gift of the Holy Ghost!  It was interesting how we committed him to baptism.  We simply asked...."Brother Tatson, will you follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by proper authority and then afterwards receive the Gift of the Hioly Ghost by the Laying on of Hands?  He accepted and it was great!   It made me so happy!  

I am doing fine but a mission can be very hard at times!  Elder Garcia's brother sent him an email which he liked.  However, his family is still not going to church and that is hard for him.
  
Tyler Henry also sent me an email and told me about going to the temple and receiving his endowment.   I am not gonna lie, it made me super Trunky!  I haven't been to the temple in over 4 months!  I got to once a week in the MTC, and then my last week there we went to the Salt Lake Temple.  I walked by one of the sealing rooms in there and it was really special seeing where you and dad were married.  

I loved seeing the pictures from Emily and Ryan's joint birthday party.  The wedding cake was hilarious.  Thanks for sending them.

I am really happy right now.......why?  Because my friends are all going on missions pretty soon!  Oh by the way, can you send me Kent, Tyler, Tanner, Tyler and Steven Crane's MTC addreses so I can write them in the MTC?  I would really appreciate that.

Can you also send me some pictures of the family in print, not email, so I can put them up in my apartment? I would love that.

Now I am going to go,

I love u, bye
Ai Tong ngoruk
Seni
Elder Kearl

P.S.  These pictures are with our Investigator, Lester.   He is the tall one in the black shirt and the other Tall one is James OCaya.  Scott is friends with him on facebook, they are the same age.  He is our fellowshipper and is really helpful.  He has a really strong testimony.  He was baptized by my trainer Elder Deo Campo and this little brother Jordan is 10 and then there is a picture of little Lance,  Lesters Brother!
Lestors little brother, Lance

Jordan O Caya

James O Caya, our fellowshipper
Having fun!

Elder Garcia and Lestor

James, me and Jordan O Caya
joking around in our apartment
me and Elder Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment